Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Utah Visit...Popping in and out!

I recently returned from Utah where I went to see my grandson off before he leaves for two years to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.



It was a whirlwind of a trip, with a lot going on.

The first day I arrived we went to see the musical, South Pacific, with Sheila and Amber.
What a treat and nice way to begin my visit.

I had lunch with a new friend, Mary.  Such a delightful lady.  We have a lot in common.  I liked her very much. 

I went to Baylee's double header Lacrosse game, went out to eat with Ted and family, and watched and helped where I could as Sheila dashed around like a crazy lady preparing for those who would come by to wish TJ  a happy farewell, on Sunday.


We even squeezed in a movie. We saw The Avengers. I liked it okay but Sheila didn't like it at all.

TJ gave a wonderful talk on Patience.  How time flies!  My grandchildren have all grown up!  I know he will be a great missionary, serving and teaching in the Portland, Oregon mission.



3 comments:

sweet older sister said...

So glad you had a nice visit. I love the last picture of you and TJ. Very nice!

sandyseashells said...

Wow! Sounds like a very busy visit. Glad you were able to go. Sheila does buzz around with all her family activities.
We all know TJ will do a great job serving Jesus Christ.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great trip!