Monday, July 4, 2011

Vacation in N.C. on Holden Beach of the Alantic Ocean


                 Sunset on Holden Beach in North Carolina. I often walked this beach early in the morning.

             This is how I spent my time on the beach-watching the family (usually under an umbrella). Sheila    was normally in the ocean with the rest of the family.
                         
                 Above I caught Anna on her way to the Beach House and got this photo. Brandi, Matt and I are on one of the porches. 
Sadie                      
 turned  Sweet 16 while we were there.



Some of us on the porch again. TJ,Krista, Eliza, Brandy Me and Matt.  Every day was a windy day.

5 comments:

sweet older sister said...

I LOVE the picture of You and Anna on the Boardwalk. And the picture of you with the Vanderwalkers!

I don't believe I have ever been to an Atlantic Beach. Did anyone mention Pirates? I understand, it was full of pirates back in the day.

Also, have heard of sea horses in the waves, but perhaps that was more south. (Florida)

So glad to hear about your trip and the fun you had. Thank you for sharing.

Pedaling said...

We are so glad that you could join us and share in the fun!

Jen said...

That looks like the perfect vacation. And I'm glad to know my grandma can still "tackle" those great-grandkids for a photo!

sandyseashells said...

Looks like a great time. I love walking on the beach, but
I'm not a morning person so I usually do it at sunset. It's so relaxing. The colors, and sounds, and smells are just different than the everyday life we live.
Too bad it was windy the 'whole' time.
That Shrimp Boil looks good, Matt is gonna have to maked it for me sometime.
It is nice to just sit back and watch our kids having fun.

Matt said...

So glad you could enjoy the beach with us :) Too bad we missed the picture of you swimming in the pool too! As the girls have said, "you really are a good sport!"